Hangover 3 coming to theaters + packing list for a wild Vegas trip
By Brittany Anas
Hangover fans: Our favorite wolf pack of comedians will be returning to the desert of Las Vegas to pull off comedic shenanigans and a series of poor life decisions for “Hangover 3,” due out in movie theaters on May 24. An early trailer piques our interest in the role of funny lady Melissa McCarthy (she was Megan in “Bridesmaids”) and a random giraffe.
Oh, Vegas, you’re the Chuck E. Cheese of our adulthood. The news of the forthcoming Hangover movie makes us crave a trip to Vegas. (Though, we’re cool without the “sofa pizza” and kidnapped tiger sleeping in the hotel bathroom).
Packing for Las Vegas vacations is so fun because you can stuff your suitcase with 43 inches worth of heels, outrageous bathing suits and party dresses.
Headed to Vegas anytime soon? Here’s what to put on your packing list.
• A stand-out bathing suit: Pools in Vegas are an oasis. We love the wave pool at Mandalay Bay, the party atmosphere at Encore Beach Club and the relaxed vibe of Aria’s pool. Pack a few bathing suits if you’re planning to party (or lounge) on the pool decks. This teeny-weeny polka dot bikini has a cutesy bow tie twist along the back. ($79 from Urban Outfitters plus 5 % cash back).
• Comfy sandals for walking the strip: Vegas heels aren’t made for walkin’– so pack a pair of flat sandals that are comfortable to walk in. Ain’t no shame in your game if you tuck your heels in your purse and trade them out for your sandals once you arrive at your destination. Mardi Gras Roxy sandals are cheerful and summery. (On sale for $34.30 at Macy’s plus 5% cash back)
• A fancy dress: What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas — but pictures pop up on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr and yet-to-be invented social media sites. So, look your best. Check out flirty party dresses from Charlotte Russe, 6 pm, Ami Club Wear and Asos. If you’re headed to a show, use the opportunity to go all-out glam. The sexy sophistication of this tiered waterfall gown from White House Black Market with a fitted bodice would be ideal for a Cirque Du Soleil show.
• Embellished jewelry: There’s nothing subtle about Vegas. Use the opportunity to wear some statement jewels. The bursts of bold color and cabochons on this antique brass chain could transform a T-shirt or add interest to a neckline. ($148 from J. Crew plus 7.5% cash back).
Other articles you might also like:
• Easy, 5-step guide for picking out gorgeous bridesmaid dresses
• What went wrong in girl’s viral hair-burning video
• Biggest fashion moments for soap operas
• The most flattering bathing suits for your body type
• Puppy love: Quevenzhané Wallis’ purse makes playful style statement