Hattitude! 5 summer hats that we are mad for
By Brittany Anas
With the Kentucky Derby happening this weekend, we’re putting our money on hats. The odds are good: They’re stylish, and with the summer days ahead they’ll shade our faces from UV rays and make for the perfect accessory on bad hair days (Or, I-don’t-want-to-do-my-hair days). A hat with a fishtail braid or a quick-and-easy ponytail or chignon near the nape of the neck is super-easy and cute for those carefree summer days ahead.
We’ve shopped some of our favorite looks at Macy’s, where there’s a big sale this weekend — plus you’ll earn 6 percent Cash Back and other exclusive deals when you shop with ShopAtHome.com.
- A super floppy hat from Nine West isn’t just meant to be worn to a Derby party. It’s perfect for wearing to the pool or beach, too. Traveling this summer? This hat is travel friendly, with packable features that will let you stash it in your suitcase without ruining its shape. The black and white hat comes in stripes or florals and is on sale for $27.99. Pro tip: Wear it to a derby party by pinning some colorful faux or fresh flowers to the brim. (Pictured).
- A Nine West Packable Visor is a chic alternative to a traditional visor — and will still serve you well on the tennis court or when you’re teeing up at the golf course. The leather trim accents add a nice touch that transitions it into the country club. Comes in brown, natural, sand, black or white.
- The BCB Generation hat comes with an unexpected, unique detail: An attachable friendship bracelet. Remember saving up your allowance and buying string to make friendship bracelets when you were a kid? Turns out you were a trendsetter, because the bracelets — with some bold designs and added studs — are back. This baseball cap comes in blue, white or black. On sale for $21.99.
- A Vince Camuto Studded Panama Hat is the perfect accessory for an outdoor country or music festival and would also give a little country flare to a sundress. (Pictured).
- A studded military cap is ready for all of your summer adventures — whether you’re kayaking, hiking or want to toss it on apres-surf. It’s a little bit tomboy, a little bit chic. We love the blue one with tribal print. On major sale at $12.99.
Other articles you might also like:
- Save big bucks on the new Kate Moss for Topshop collection
- 5 music festival-inspired looks live from Coachella and starting at $10
- 90’s comeback: 3 trends from the 1990’s that are back in style for spring