Babies ‘R’ Us T-shirt doodle contest: Winners get free kids’ clothes!
Has your little one ever “added color” to your walls with a box of markers or gotten into your makeup to play “beauty shop?” Boy, oh, boy, do we have a contest for them to channel all of that artistic creativity. (And, it won’t even require any clean-up)!
Babies ‘R’ Us has a new contest for little artists, ages 8 and younger, where they can create T-shirt designs using Doodle.ly, a digital sketchpad. The best part: Winners get free clothes or gift cards.
Ultimately, two designs will be chosen to be printed on T-shirts that will be sold at Babies ‘R’ Us stores nationwide and online. The shirts will become available as part of the Truly Scrumptious by Heidi Klum collection. Already, Klum’s 6-year-old son, Johan, has designed some silly monster T-shirts for the collection.
- How to become a part of the contest: Visit the doodle page at Babies ‘R’ Us to create and share the designs using Doodle.ly. Doodlers will start with a blank canvas, a palette of colors and eight drawing instruments to craft their design. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on April 23 to be considered.
- How the contest will be judged: Fashion designer and model Heidi Klum will lead a panel of judges from Babies ‘R’ Us and the nonprofit group Save the Children in choosing 10 finalists from the pool of entries. Then, Babies ‘R’ Us will call on the public to help choose the two grand prize winners. Online voting will take place from May 8 to May 13 on the company’s Facebook page.
- What the winners get: The two grand prize winners will have their designs appear on the T-shirts, plus they’ll receive the entire 2013 Truly Scrumptious by Heidi Klum fall collection for their gender and size, up to 5T. If the winner’s clothing size is larger, they’ll get a gift card to the store for the amount of the collection value. The remaining eight finalists each win a $100 Babies ‘R’ Us gift card.
- How the contest helps charity: The Truly Scrumptious line by Heidi Klum, a mom of four, helps inspire kids’ creativity, while also raising money and awareness for Save the Children. Among the organization’s mission is helping children recover from the effects of war and natural disasters. As part of the project, Babies ‘R’ Us donated $50,000 to the organization.
Photos of doodled entries courtesy of Babies’R’Us
Other articles you might also like:
• Lesley loves: NYC New York Color 16-hour lip stain
• Melissa McCarthy stumbles through SNL monologue, teaches us shoe lesson
• 5 ways to dress like it’s spring, even when it’s cold outside
• RIP Margaret Thatcher, Lilly Pulitzer, Annette Funicello
• Miss Plus Size International dishes fashion advice
• Music festival style: Our favorite boho-chic pieces for the summer