Holiday gift guide: Great gifts for her
By Brittany Anas
Picking the perfect gift for women can be tricky. Buy her a dress and she might be offended by the size you chose. Gift a nice moisturizer, and she’ll wonder if you’re dropping anti-aging hints. Of course you can never go right with vacuum cleaners or anything in the cleaning department — but you knew that, right?
The countdown to Christmas is on. Here are five great gift picks for the women in your life — whether it’s mom, your sister, a friend or your better half.
- Albany leather riding boots, $190. The way to a woman’s heart is through her shoes. Riding boots are a classic style for big city girls or country girls. Do a little recognizance and check out her boot size — or put somebody who has instant access to her closet on the task. These boots come in black, cognac or brown. All of them have a distressed leather look and wrap-around buckles. (Earn 9 percent Cash Back on your purchase from Steve Madden).
- Sleek sunglasses, $36. Sun shining on snow creates a blinding glare. These sunglasses that are somewhere in between cat eyes and wayfarers are just right for winter — complete with UV protection and some country club-esque tortoise patterning.
- Lomasi Mani/Pedi Gel Manicure system, $84.99. You could get her a gift card to the salon for a manicure and pedicure. But for just a little bit more, you can give her a lifetime of mani and pedis. And …she doesn’t even need to tip. This set comes with everything she needs for professional-grade manicures and pedicures — down to the files and buffers. (An instructional DVD is even included). Save with 8 percent Cash Back at Folica.
- Something sexy from Victoria’s Secret. Guys, stop reading if your shopping for your mom or sister. If you’re shopping for your significant other, please proceed. Not sure what to get her? Buy a gift card and she can pick out something for herself or hang on to it til’ January, when Victoria’s Secret does its huge semi-annual sale. (Get 4 percent Cash Back at Victoria’s Secret from ShopAtHome.com).
- Her favorite perfume.Find out what her fragrance is or check to see what she’s running low on. Or, if you know her well — pick out a scent you’ll know she’ll love. Some of our faves? Miss Dior or Poppy Eau by Coach. When you spend $40 or more on fragrances, you’ll get a free robe! Either add it to the gift or keep it for yourself. Plus, earn 9 percent Cash Back at Ulta.
Other articles you might also like: