Punch up your holidays with these family-friendly drinks
Whether you’re the designated driver or just playing it safe at the office holiday party or planning a celebration with kids, sometimes you want to raise your glass without the booze. To help, we’ve found two totally different non-alcoholic, but still festive drinks worthy of a toast.
Eggnog Punch from food.com
Perfect for Christmas Eve, this five-star recipe is a snap, taking just 10 minutes to prepare. Yield: 20 servings.
- 1 quart eggnog (cold)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (softened)
- 1 (1 quart) bottle of 7-Up (chilled)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Combine softened ice cream and eggnog in a punch bowl.
- Slowly add chilled 7-Up.
- Once the liquids are combined, dust lightly with nutmeg.
- Drink up!
Citrus Kiss from Sunset
Even the name suggests this 10-minute mocktail be served on New Year’s Eve.
- 1 cup ice
- ⅓ cup blood orange sparkling cider
- 1 tablespoon mandarin orange or tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon-lime juice
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- Wedge of lemon or lime (for garnish)
- About 2 tablespoons of superfine sugar (for garnish)
- Put the superfine sugar on a plate.
- Run the lemon or lime wedge around the rim of a martini glass (or glass of your choosing) to wet it.
- Place the glass rim-side down into the sugar and twist until the rim is coated as desired.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake until cold (about 1 minute)
- Strain the drink into the sugar-rimmed glass.