How to look hot at the gym — without being ‘that girl’
Most of us swear up and down that we just go to the gym to work out. While that’s the main goal — let’s face it, we wanna’ look good, too.
C’mon, admit it. A Zumba fitness class is much more fun when you can swing that ponytail with some Beyonce-tude. In the Tuesday night turbo kickboxing class, you can’t help to notice — while watching your uppercut form in the 360 mirrors — that your mascara is melting and turning your face into a Halloween costume. (By the way, a Shape magazine poll revealed that 76 percent of women admit they wear make-up to the gym).
Here’s four ways you can look sexy at the gym, without looking like you tried. Oh, and a word to the wise — pass on the guy who throws a line like this at you: “Do you take the karate class here? ‘Cuz your body’s really kicking.” The one who asks if you need a “spot” is better boyfriend material.
- Skip the eyeliner, but give yourself a swipe of mascara: Before you hit up the gym, use an eye makeup remover to rid your face of daytime make-up. Raccoon eyes at the gym? Not a good look. Apply just one swipe of a water-proof mascara to each set of eyelashes for a subtle does of glam. Our recommendation: CoverGirl LashBlast Waterproof Volume Mascara. (Walgreens, $8.99)
- Re-invent the gym bun: Alexsis — an Alabama stylists and makeup artist who blogs at To Die For — says fishtail braid are her go-to gym hairstyle. We love how this French fishtail braid twists around the back of the head and morphs into a low messy bun. Alexsis says it’s great for the gym — and doesn’t make you look like you’re headed to prom.
- Make a statement that also keeps hair out of your eyes: Headbands specially made for working out will not only keep your hair from falling into your eyes, but also add a little interest to your gym hairstyle. We like this gray-maize-and-magenta bright braided band from Under Armour.
- What to do instead of foundation: You definitely don’t want to rely on a concealer to cover up those red blotchy marks you get when sweat. Also, a heavy concealer mixed with sweat beads leads to clogged pores. Ditch the foundation and go with a moisturizing face lotion with a little tint to it. A good choice is Physicians Formula Organic tinted moisturizer that is light and promotes a healthy-looking complexion. (KMart, on sale for $11.49)
Other articles you might also like:
• How to make every day ‘Bike to Work’ day
• Inspired by the Tour de France? A new bike will take you around the world
• Paddleboard yoga to flying above water: 5 activities to check out in Orlando
• Free dining deals in Orlando: Eat for free at Seaworld, Disney & Universal
• Cut the fat! 6 ways to make healthier burgers