Infant clothes we expect to see the royal baby wearing
The royal baby’s arrival has prompted a collective goo-goo, gaga from the Internet today.
Yes, a genetic counselor has predicted what the baby will look like as a toddler and teenager. Bookmakers favor the names George, James and Alexander while the odds are heavily against the names Wayne and Elvis. Oh, and if you’re sick of seeing news of the royal baby, here’s how you can block it from your social media feeds and have photos replaced with images of a cat.
Let’s face it: There’s just something about royal baby news that makes us go a little crazy. So, while we’re waiting for news of a name, leaked photos and an invitation to the boy’s first birthday party at Buckingham Palace, we thought it’d be fun to imagine how his dad will dress him.
Inspired by Prince William’s fashion sense, here are some outfits that are fit for a (future) king:
- Mini polos. Prince William is a polo player and the Duke of Cambridge even fulfilled his commitment to play in a charity polo match the weekend of Kate’s due date. (Fortunately, the royal baby arrived late). We found little $5 polos at Old Navy in white, navy, gray and preppy pink with miniature lion logos that would probably delight dad. If you’ve got a little more to spend, this sporty red and white striped polo with accompanying navy shorts from Bloomingdale’s is an even closer look. So are these tiny little Ralph Lauren polos with numbers on the sleeves, also from Bloomingdale’s.
- Mini tuxedo. You know, for all of the black tie events the royal baby will be attending. This black little couture bodysuit with a tuxedo applique would of coures look dapper on the royal baby. (Babies’R’Us, $11.99) Or, perhaps he just needs a tuxedo bib? ($4.99, Babies’R’Us)
- Four-piece suit. A crisp button-up shirt, tie and jacket is the most common ensemble we spot Prince William wearing. And, there just so happens to be dapper baby renditions of the formal attire. An infant Jonathan Strong set includes a vest, shirt, ties and pants. Oh, and a faux handkerchief attached to the vest pocket. Micro-fashion at its best. (Sears, $24.99)
Other articles you might also like:
- It’s a boy! Kate gives birth to royal prince after 14 hours of labor
- 11 funny onesies we really want to see the royal baby wear
- Kim vs. Kate: Maternity fashion lessons we learned from celebs