Jingle all the way … to the finish line with this fun run
By Brittany Anas
The holidays are serving us up egg nog, cookies, pies, and other highly caloric and rich treats. It’s time to run off some of those calories — you know, before we are whipped into shape by New Year’s Resolutions. And what better way to exercise than with a festive fun run that will let you quite literally jingle all the way to the finish line?
The best part? The Jingle Bell Run/Walk supports arthritis research — and, well, do we really need to remind you that Santa is watching (maybe even running alongside you) and doing something good for charity will only up your credibility on the nice list?
The race series is the nation’s largest holiday-themed race, happening in more than 150 cities around the country. Since 1984, the Jingle Bell Run/Walk has drawn nearly 2 million participants with a shared interest of helping raise money to fight and cure arthritis through research, education and community programs. (Find a run in your city here).
You can run, walk, or jingle jog your way to the finish line. Perhaps even prance?
There’s a costume contest. And we could resist finding some of the best get-up and props appropriate for the Jingle Bell Run/Walk. Don’t forget to strap some bells into your laces. We found a jackpot of Christmas costumes and party props at Oriental Trading, where you can save with ShopAtHome.com coupons.
- Woman’s elf costume, $16. Based on their pre-Christmas productivity at the North Pole, we can only assume elves are super fast on their feet, too.
- Women’s Mrs. Clause Santa Suit, $51. It’s got a fur trim, but you’ll definitely want to pair some jogging pants underneath to stay warm.
- Holiday Martini Costume, $4.99. Be the life of the party-run. Comes with a candycane stir stick.
- Adult snowman costume, $15. OK, we’re not betting on you to set a personal best time in this costume. But, it’s certainly jolly.
- Adult’s elf hat, $3. Not going in a full costume? Get instant holiday flair with a $3 elf hat. Bonus — it will keep your ears warm.
- Jingles galore. At the very least, you need to strap on some jingle bells. Tie them in your running shoes or let your socks do the jingling. Wear them as a bracelet. Don the bells in necklace form. Or wear them on a Santa hat. It’s your choice.
Read more articles about Oriental Trading here.
Other articles you might also like: