Kate Middleton’s fave designer ‘Issa London’ to debut Banana Republic line
By Brittany Anas
Issa London — the designer behind the iconic sapphire wrap dress that Kate Middleton wore during her engagement announcement to Prince William back in 2010 — will be launching a line for Banana Republic this summer.
Princess style at Banana Republic prices? That’s royally awesome in our book. (Especially for those who remember that the silk Issa dress Middleton wore back in 2010 quickly sold out and cost more than a rent payment).
Here’s the 411: The Banana Republic Issa London Collection will channel the safari roots of Banana Republic. You can expect exotic prints like zebra and leopard mixed with jewel-toned and neutral hues. The collection will launch Aug. 6 online and in Banana Republic stores. Pieces will range from $69.50 for a sweater to $150 for a dress. Accessories will run from $39.50 for a bangle to $150 for a tote.
The limited-time collection will feature 40 items, including clothing with flattering, classic silhouettes infused with bold colors and designs. While a lookbook hasn’t yet been released, Banana Republic hints there will be a zebra print kimono-sleeved dress, pebbled leather clutches, gold chain necklaces and leather-wrapped bracelets.
This is the first time that Issa London has ever collaborated with a global retailer for a joint collection. We’re imagining elegant draping meets relaxed chic, with dresses and cardigans that will carry us from summer to fall.
“We were immediately inspired by Banana Republic’s heritage of safari adventures when we dreamt up this collection together,” says Banana Republic Creative Director and Executive Vice President of Design, Simon Kneen in a news release. ” Issa London ‘s effortlessly chic style complements our global Banana Republic consumer who is on the go and needs to transition her look seamlessly from day to night.”
Other collaborations we’re loving right now that are in stores?
- Kate Young + Target. The celeb stylist created a red-carpet inspired line includes a sunny, yellow dress; black dress with a drop waist and navy satin shorts. (Click here to get 2 percent cash back at Target)
- Derek Lam + Kohl’s. The designer created a collection inspired by Brazil. We’re loving this maxi dress that Lam says was inspired by graffiti street art in Rio De Janeiro. (Click here to get 3 percent cash back at Kohl’s).
Other articles you might also like:
• How to dress dapper dogs in bow ties, rain coats and other accessories
• Quick ways to give your home a spring update
• Lesley loves: NYC New York Color 16-hour lip stain
• Melissa McCarthy stumbles through SNL monologue, teaches us shoe lesson
• 5 ways to dress like it’s spring, even when it’s cold outside