Kentucky, West Virginia and Maine Top National List for “Social Shopper”
ShopAtHome.com’s Buy-havior Report reveals consumer shopping behaviors on Facebook
Miranda Coykendall or Sara Long
Denver, CO. – November 14, 2012 – ShopAtHome.com, the largest coupon search engine that connects upwards of 12 million consumers each month to thousands of online coupons and the best cash back savings, today announced the release of its Social Shopper Buy-havior Report. The report, which tracks consumer shopping habits from the site’s 4.2 million Facebook fans, found that states east of the Mississippi are more apt to look for online coupons and promo codes via Facebook. In particular, New England states like Maine and New Hampshire are most likely to seek out online savings.
“The proliferation of social networks and mobile apps has contributed to the rise of the social shopper,” said Marc Braunstein, president and founder of ShopAtHome.com. “Social shopping is more than a trend—it’s a lifestyle that is transforming traditional shopping as we know it. At ShopAtHome.com, Facebook generates more than 35 percent of our mobile traffic, and our aim is to make it simple and easy for shoppers to find deals and cash back rewards – wherever they are.”
An analysis of the Social Shopper Buy-havior Report reveals the following:
New England’s Socially Savvy Shoppers
- From a per capita perspective, two New England states — Maine and New Hampshire– have some of the most socially savvy shoppers in the nation. The top five states in order are as follows: Kentucky, West Virginia, Maine, Delaware and New Hampshire.
The Frugal Fashionista
- Consumers want style on a shoestring – fashion-related deals performed the best with ShopAtHome.com’s social audience. ShopAtHome.com’s top deals of all time for the Facebook audience are:
- Nicole Miller – Up to 70 percent off semi-annual sale
- Vera Bradley – 1 day, 20 percent off
- Justice – flash sale
- Macy’s – one-day sale
- Jones New York – 75 percent off semi-annual sale
The Morning Multi-tasker
- 37 percent of social shoppers choose to engage between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. EST
- Afternoon and early evening shopping fall closely behind, with 32 percent choosing to shop online between 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST and 31 percent choosing to shop online between 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. EST.
The Early Bird Catches the Deal
- The majority of Facebook shoppers choose to conduct their online shopping between 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Top shopping time by the day of the week is as follows (NOTE: All times EST):
- Monday: 7:00 a.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m.
- Thursday: 11:00 a.m.
- Friday: 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m.
- Sunday: 12:00 p.m.
With over 18,000 retailers and a 110 percent Cash Back guarantee, ShopAtHome.com delivers the most effective shopping experience by combining all savings tools in one online destination. ShopAtHome.com differentiates itself from other coupon sites with its cash back incentives – bringing together the top online coupons plus additional cash back sent directly to their members’ free ShopAtHome.com accounts.
For more information on ShopAtHome.com, please visit www.ShopAtHome.com.
Founded in 1986 by husband-and-wife team Marc and Claudia Braunstein, ShopAtHome.com is the web’s largest provider of online coupons, Cash Back rewards and printable grocery and restaurant coupons. The only destination integrating the best discounts from coupons, deals and Cash Back, the site has evolved from its early roots as the ‘Catalog of Catalogs’. Throughout this transformation, the company has kept the same goal – helping improve the shopping experience for millions of shoppers. As a true coupon powerhouse, ShopAtHome.com aims to provide the most savings to consumers whether they’re shopping at the grocery store or at their favorite online retailer. For more information visit www.ShopAtHome.com.