How to get yourself kicked out of Universal Studios — or not
By Aimee Heckel
Earlier this week, Fox News reported that a family was kicked out of Universal Studios because the father was wearing a “police” T-shirt, although he was not a police officer.
The Florida father said he got the T-shirt from his brother, an NYPD officer. It didn’t matter. No police attire allowed, if you’re not an actual officer of the law.
Who knew? Apparently not that dad.
Make sure you’re informed about the Universal Studios rules before you dish out the dough. Here are some things you cannot bring into Universal Studios:
- Large bags
- Food bought at outside locations
- Open beverages (keep your water bottles closed when you enter)
- Pets, other than service animals
We aren’t advocating pushing the limits with your attire at any theme parks. But if you are looking for a not-official-looking police-inspired T-shirt to wear alone in the dark in your bedroom, here are some that exist (notice that very neutral verb there) at Zazzle.com.
I Love My Police Officer shirt, $24.99. Available in a wide range of colors, including pink and purple.
Crackhead Elimination Team, $29.95. As far as we know, this official department does not exist. Available printed on an American Apparel shirt.
The Police Never Think It’s As Funny As You Do, $15.95. You don’t say?
Grammar Police T-shirt, $25.95. “To correct and serve.” Money-saving tip: Use the coupon code FALL4TSHIRTS and save 50 percent off select apparel, right in time for fall.
Other tips for traveling parents:
- If you’re looking to save money on your funky Zazzle tees, check out these Zazzle coupons.
- And just because we like to say the word “Zazzle,” here are more fun articles about Zazzle. Zazzle. Zazzle. Feels good, doesn’t it?
- Other coupons that may help traveling families? How about these travel coupons, to save you money on airfare, rental cars and, yes, even tickets to events.
- Lots and lots of articles with tips on how to save money on travel.
Other articles you might also enjoy: