Spend more time outside: the best kid-friendly patio furniture
By Aimee Heckel
Being outside is good for your family’s health. It raises vitamin D levels, which contribute to strong bones and a healthy heart, and it can even improve distance vision. The outdoors can also reduce ADHD symptoms and even boost test scores and critical thinking skills.
To encourage your kids to spend more time outside, create a fun outdoor haven for them just outside your door. One key component is picking comfy seating.
If your kids have somewhere they want to sit, they’ll stay there longer, even after the games end.
1. Encourage your kids to draw under the trees on a brightly colored picnic table. Order this Polywood mini picnic table in all kinds of colors, from red to blue to yellow. This quality lumber won’t split, splinter or warp, so your kids can enjoy it for years to come. Bonus: It’s on sale now, and offers free shipping.
2. Toss an indoor-outdoor bean bag chair under the big oak tree as a perfect reading stoop. We love this eco-friendly, green bean bag chair from Overstock.com.
For a little more structure, without sacrificing comfort, check out this stylish, outdoor bean bag chair made out of recycled materials, for sale at Doheny.com.
3. For the front porch, go old school with this wooden rocking chair — kid-sized. This chair, $120 from Rakuten.com, even has a five-year warranty (a good bet for outdoor furniture).
4. If your family’s style is more contemporary, this Patio Heaven “nest” chair is a front-porch alternative with a distinct style.
5. Pick something colorful and unique, like this green, unusual calla lily chair, $551 at Wayfair.com. The swooping design echoes the shape of a calla lilly, but with a modern and artistic twist. Make sure you pad it with soft, outdoor pillows. Consider even letting your kids pick them out.
Save money on other purchases for your kids with these babies and kids coupons.
Other articles you might also enjoy: