Lauren Conrad shares her fall style secrets
By Brittany Anas
Lace and bootcut jeans and pointelle sweaters, oh my!
For her new fall collection at Kohl’s, style icon Lauren Conrad (LC for short) stays true to her super-feminine style — mixing delicate pieces and cozy fabrics to warm us up for fall.
Here’s her five fall essentials (and how you can save on them).
- Pointelle sweater: Pointelle stitching is a type of knit that creates a tiny, open-worked pattern — giving a geometric dimension to a sweater and is also lightweight enough for fall. LC’s scoopneck rendition comes in black, white, gray and — our favorite — ruby isle.
- Blazers: Fall is all about polishing up your look a little bit. Lauren dishes that one of her favorite color combinations is the mix of black and navy — saying it’s a little bit mysterious, a little bit edgy. We agree. Find her blue and black open-front crepe blazer at Kohl’s, on sale for $52. Pair it with a navy or black top underneath. Looking for a fun blazer? Check out this blue floral one that is just $15 on sale.
- Corduroy skinnies: Cords have made a fierce return for fall 2013. The key to wearing them in a modern way is to rock a skinny fit and make sure the vertical ridges (known as “wales”) are thin. Find LC skinny cords in burgundy, navy, coal, cream or black at Kohl’s on sale for $38.
- Lace dress: Lace is a common staple in Lauren’s collection for Kohl’s. A lace dress can be carried through all seasons. Take this cream colored lace dress: It can be worn alone in the summer and then paired with a black leather jacket, boots and tights for a fall look. Come winter, warm it up with a cardigan or pull a sweater over it and wear it as a skirt.
- Bootcut jeans: Slim through the thigh with a modest flare makes bootcut jeans universally flattering. Pair them with a flowy, feminine blouse or sweater. One of our faves? This $40 cream sweater with a simple bow giving it dimension.
Read more articles about Kohl’s here.
Other articles you might also like: