Loved Katy Perry’s Super Bowl beauty look? Here’s how to get it
If you cared more about Katy Perry’s half-time performance during last night’s big game than the score on the field…well…you’re not alone.
And if you were smitten with the pop star’s Super Bowl beauty look—the slicked back dark high ponytail, smokey cat eyes and ruby red lips…well…you’re not alone there, either.
Want your own version of the “teenage dream”? According to a release, celeb makeup artist Jake Bailey created Perry’s look using all Covergirl products (Perry’s a spokesmodel for the brand) and the following steps:
- Create a sheer, flawless canvas by buffing a dime size amount of CoverGirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation in Natural Beige all over the face and neck.
- For an elongated cat eye, Bailey used CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Black Onyx. He painted a glitter adhesive just above the black liner and carefully placed a mix of gold and silver glitter on the adhesive with a tiny eyeliner brush for precision.
- Next, he applied CoverGirl Eye Shadow Quads in Blooming Blushes to add warmth and dimension.
- He did “an aggressive lash curling” and added two coats of CoverGirl Full Lash Bloom by LashBlast Mascara in Very Black.
- To give her brows shape and structure, Bailey used CoverGirl Pow-der Brow + Liner in Dark Brown.
- On the cheeks, he applied CoverGirl Clean Glow Blush in Roses, using the lighter shades on the apples of her cheeks and the darker shade in the hollows.
- CoverGirl truMAGIC Luminizer was applied to ther cheekbones and brow bones for a shimmery glow.
- The lips were lined and shaped using CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lip Liner in Hot. Bailey then applied a coat of new CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Seduce Scarlet and topped it with a tiny dollop of CoverGirl Lip Lava in Mauva Lava.
For Perry’s perky pony, People reports stylist to the stars Clyde Haygood created a human hair ponytail that was attached securely to the singer’s own tresses. He curled the pony in five sections (each 3-inches wide), using a two-inch barrel curling iron. KMS California FREESHAPE 2-in-1 Styling + Finishing Spray was used to keep it all in place, and flyaways were slicked back with gel and wax.