Pinch-safe guide for St. Patty’s Day style
By Brittany Anas
2013 is proving to be the year of the leprechaun. Pantone, the global authority on color for interior design and the fashion industry, spun its almighty color wheel and predicted that emerald would be this year’s color of the year. The regal jewel tone is showing its true colors this year — making VIP appearances on dangle-drop earrings, sunglasses, blouses, skinny jeans and even socks. So, it should be easy to find a bit of green to wear on March 17 for St. Patrick’s Day — the day when we all color-coordinate in the color to safeguard ourselves from random pinches.
Ever wonder where the whole pinching tradition came from? Internet lore has it that the American tradition dates back to the 1700’s when it was said that wearing green made you invisible to leprechauns, the fairy creatures that would pinch anyone in their sight.
We’ve got some fashionable picks that will keep you from getting pinched by mythical fairies or that creepy co-worker who is looking forward to the one day of the year when he can pinch without getting in trouble with Human Resources.
4. Mint gem braid collar from BaubleBar: Collar necklaces give edge to a plain blouse or T-shirt, especially when they’ve got fierce detailing like silver spikes juxtaposed against sweet mint braided suede and shiny jewels. ($42)
6. Anthem green leather boot from Steve Madden: Go ahead and stomp anybody who tells you you’re not wearing any green. What? They pinched you first and these chic biker boots inevitably come with a bit of attitude. ($169.50)
Other articles you might also like:
• The most flattering bathing suits for your body type
• Puppy love: Quevenzhané Wallis’ purse makes playful style statement
• Juicy dress gossip from the Oscars + white dresses starting at $27.80
• Oscar fashion lessons: Backwards necklaces and misplaced brooches?
• Like Michelle Obama’s bangs? Try out the look with clip-in bangs
• Spring’s freshest perfumes + interesting fragrance tips
• Nautical and nice: 7 ways to get in on the spring trend for cheap