Mocktail party: Celebrate any event with these festive non-alcoholic drinks
Just because you don’t imbibe, doesn’t mean you have be left out of the party. We’ve rounded up three mocktails recipes that are perfect for toasting a special occasion or if you’re just enjoying a warm summer day (they’re coming, we promise). Plus, we found some festive glassware to serve each drink in because mocktails can be fun, too!
Alcohol-free Mojitos from allrecipes.com
Ingredients (makes 14 cups)
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 cups chopped mint leaves
- 2 cups softened lime sherbert
- 1 cup lime juice
- 8 cups club soda
- lime slices for garnish
- Combine 2 cups of water water and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl, then heat in microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Stir chopped mint into water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Strain and discard the mint leaves from the syrup. Set aside.
- Stir the lime sherbet, lime juice and 1 cup water together in a large pitcher until mixed well.
- Pour the mint-infused syrup into the mixture.
- Add club soda and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lime slices.
Serve your mock mojitos in these fun glasses with colorful bases that wobble, but don’t create spills! 10 Strawberry Street Bell wobble glass set of six, $45.99, Target
Mock Champagne with ice ring from allrecipes.com
- 2 2-liter bottles of ginger ale, chilled
- 1 46-ounce can of pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 64-ounce bottle white grape juice, chilled
- option fruit or edible flowers to garnish
- Fill a ring-shaped cake pan halfway with ginger ale.
- Freeze pan until partially frozen.
- Place edible flowers or fruit around ring and fill remainder of pan with ginger ale.
- Freeze until solid.
- Fill a large punch bowl with 1 bottle ginger ale, pineapple juice and white grape juice and stir.
- Place ice ring in the punch bowl just before serving.
Make a booze-free toast with your “Champagne” in these beautiful, yet whimsical polka dotted flutes. Kate Spade New York set of two Larabee Dot toasting flutes, $30, Macy’s
Virgin Banana Piña Colada from Eating Well
Ingredients (makes four servings)
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple (plus 4 wedges for garnish)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup “lite” coconut milk
- 3 cups of ice
- Puree bananas, diced pineapple, pineapple juice, coconut milk and ice in a blender.
- Pour into four glasses.
- Garnish with pineapple wedges.
Say “Cheers!” with your virgin banana piña coladas all summer (or year) long in this glass that looks like an old-fashioned milk bottle. Summer drink, $1.95, Crate and Barrel