Moms: The best National Coupon Month tips to save money for your families
By Aimee Heckel
National Coupon Month should probably be a national holiday. But it seems in America, the only holidays we get off work for are the ones that cost us money — not save us money.
We’re celebrating over here with these awesome National Coupon Month tips to help you save money on purchases for your family. Plus, in honor of the, ahem, holiday, here are some other helpful links and tips to help you save big.
Save on groceries
- Here is a video on how to stack coupons to save huge on groceries.
- You don’t have to sacrifice quality or safety. Read about how to save money on healthy, natural products for you kids.
Save on clothes and toys
- Shop early (and mix in a little DIY) to save money on Halloween costumes.
- Use specific babies and kids coupons
- Take advantage of online-only sales. For example, Toys “R” Us is currently doing a sale blowout, with items up to 70 percent off in clearance, plus 1 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com. You can’t get these deals in the store — only online.
- Look for other great deals by searching your favorite store’s coupons page. Toys “R” Us has 20 different deals and coupons, such as 40 percent off digital movies and free shipping on “Backyardigans” products.
- Look for special events at stores. Right now is the Cabbage Patch Kids’ 30th anniversary (we can’t say “birthday” because they will always be babies to us), so Toys “R” Us is running a special promotion. How cute are these Cabbage Patch Kids twins, $39.99? They’re eligible for free two-day shipping.
- Read more articles about Toys “R” Us and how to save there.
- The five best couponing strategies
- Make the most of rewards programs by using them consistently and pairing them with Cash Back (often 5 to 25 percent).
Other articles you might also enjoy: