You won’t believe these odd baby products – PLUS win $5,000!
By Aimee Heckel
Just when you think you know everything about babies — or anything about babies — they come out with something new. Like a stroller with a UV sunshade and a 360-degree rotating docked car seat.
(That would be the Orbit Baby G2 Travel System Stroller, $939.99, at Babies R Us.)
Some of the products are high-tech and innovative. Check out Babies R Us’s special page of new and innovative baby items. The Moon Room Play Yard looks pretty futuristic (see photo), maybe even a little odd — but it boasts 10 square feet of space to play.
Other products are flat-out, well, inexplicable. Here are five odd baby products you never knew you needed (or didn’t need):
1. Baby Bangs. Was your munchkin born bald? Does she look so squeezably smoochariffic — if only she were wearing a tiny toupee? Baby Bangs makes baby headbands affixed to “realistic-looking” hair. Pick a hair color and style and order online for $29.95. No, it does not come with a guarantee that your child won’t burn all childhood pictures when she gets older.
2. Vintage surfer girl pacifiers, $7.99 on Zazzle.com. We’re not sure how exactly, but something feels uncomfortable here. Oh, I don’t know, maybe it’s the idea of sticking a bunch of bikini-clad adult women into a child’s mouth for him to suck on?
3. Zaky Infant Pillow, $44.95, at Pregnancystore.com. These are special weighted, hand-shaped pillows designed to imitate the look and feel of a parent’s hand and forearm … if your mom is a giant green hulk-like beast.
4. Custom-made life-size weighted doll — with umbilical cord, $250, on Etsy.com. Originally created for doulas, these toys also serve as great gifts for doll-loving toddlers who you simultaneously want to traumatize.
5. “Awkward” onesie, $18, on Cafepress.com. Yup. The perfect gift to complement any of the aforementioned four gifts.
Want to win $5,000? Babies “R” Us is running a sweepstakes right now with the grand prize of $5,000 to spend at the store. Plus, Babies “R” Us will be giving away a free “must-have” item to participants every week. Just start a baby registry at babiesrus.com. Increase your odds by sharing the contest; you get an extra entry for every friend you tell, up to three a day.
You might also enjoy: