Perfect picnic: 5 ways to make outdoor eating more enjoyable
By Brittany Anas
Taking a meal outside on a patio, the back deck or a rooftop instantly makes it more enjoyable. And, while we’re at it, we’d love to add a sunset or an ocean view. Whether you’re eating at your campsite or picnicking at your fave park or enjoying a summer evening out on your deck, here are a few fun outdoor eating utensils that will make it all the more enjoyable.
P.S., savvy shoppers, now is a great time to save on your outdoor patio furniture and outdoor eating goodies as stores are starting to clear out their summer essentials to make room for fall. By our calendar, though, there’s still plenty of nights perfect for dining outdoors.
- Wooden Bottle Caddy with Opener. BYOB? No problem. Bring a six pack of craft bottled beer outside and no worries if you forget an opener — one is attached to the side. Save with 4 percent Cash Back from Cost Plus World Market when you shop with ShopAtHome.com.
- Rectangular Bamboo Dome. When you’re eating outdoors, Mother Nature is assuming they are invited, right? Keep the flies and creatures out of your potato salad or from taste testing your steaks with a fun rectangular bamboo dome that it makes it look like your food is camping. We scouted out this dome at Cost Plus World Market, on sale for under $8.
- Dinner for 2? These Biarritz Wicker Patio Arm Chairs from Target just look like they should come with a mint julep.
- Beverage dispenser with a chalkboard label is a fun way to serve up a batch of your homemade strawberry lemonade or your famous Arnie Palmers (half lemonade, half iced tea). The chalkboard label adds a charming touch.
- The quickest way to perk up a table is to add a fun, festive napkins. We recommend buying in bulk when you see them on sale. A few of our favorites that will look cheerful
Other articles you might also like: