Why now is the perfect time to buy your winter coat
By Brittany Anas
If you’re shopping for a new winter coat, now is the perfect time to buy: Macy’s is running a charitable spin on a BOGO sale. You buy one coat, and they’ll donate one coat to an anti-poverty organization called Clothes4Souls. In addition to helping out a charitable organization, you’ll also score up to 25 percent off a large selection of men’s, women’s and children’s outerwear during the campaign. The “Buy One, And We’ll Give One” deal is going on between now and Saturday, Nov. 2.
The coats that Macy’s donates through its program average in retail price from $40 to $100, according to the department store. For every coat purchased in a local area, Macy’s will donate a coat back to that same community. The store will donate up to 30,000 coats.
“Giving back is part of Macy’s culture, especially during the holiday season,” says Holly Thomas, Macy’s vice president of national media relations and cause marketing. “Our partnership with Clothes4Souls is a unique new opportunity to match our customers’ purchases with a product donation and will help men, women and children stay warm and healthy this winter.”
The Clothes4Souls program is a part of Soles4Souls Inc., which is an international non-profit organization that collects clothing from manufacturers, designers, retailers and individuals and distributes the items to those living poverty.
Here are some stylish coats (that are also on sale) that we scouted out:
- Tommy Hilfiger Coat, Hooded Faux Fur Trim with Toggles. Is it too soon to be thinking about Christmas? Probably. But it’s not too soon to start thinking about Christmas photos — and this toggle coat would be adorable for an outdoor, woodsy shoot.
- Steve Madden Coat, with a belted asymmetrical front. And the award for the most chic coat of the season goes to this one. The coat comes in cobalt, black, dark red and ivory.
- Color-blocked wool coat. A classic spin on the color-blocking trend gives this wool coat a modern appeal.
- Guess Wool Four-Pocket Hooded Coat for men. A little bit classic. A little bit sporty. We like how this jacket subtly borrows from the varsity jacket trend.
- Izod Prospect Wool-Blend Overcoat. Perfect for work. And it’s marked down from $300 to $119.
Other articles you might also like: