PETA scolds Beyonce for wearing python, iguana leather at Super Bowl
By Brittany Anas
The dust has settled following Beyonce’s lip syncing debacle at the president’s inauguration. But now the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or PETA, is criticizing the pop star who performed at Sunday’s Super Bowl half-time show.
Let’s just say they were not impressed with her sexy bodysuit that was made with python and iguana jerky.
Here’s the statement that PETA issued about Beyonce’s leather bodysuit: “We would take a bet that if Beyonce watched our video exposes, she’d probably not want to be seen again in anything made of snakes, lizards, rabbits or other animals who died painfully. Today’s fashions are trending toward humane vegan options, and Beyonce’s Super Bowl outfit missed the mark on that score.”
Queen Bey has been on PETA’s naughty list in the past for wearing fur jackets.
Being the diplomats that we are, we’ve scoured the web to find some of the best faux leather deals. The upside is that faux leather is way more affordable than the real thing. We love (faux) leather because it can instantly toughen up an outfit and add texture to our outfits.
When you’re shopping for faux leather, look for matte finishes. Glossy finishes tend to cheapen the look.
• Faux leather black Hunter boots for $195 from Saks Fifth Avenue. Hunter boots are becoming a street style staple. If you were thinking of investing in some, try these with the leather-like finish. They are versatile and will give you a luxe look.
Other articles you might also like:
• New York Fashion Week Designer Prabal Gurung to launch Target line
• The best Valentine’s jewelry starting at just $6
• Human tails, bagel heads, bird poop: The 3 most insane beauty trends
• How to score free beauty products
• The most versatile neutrals for your closet
• Where to find conversational print T-shirts