Petco Halloween ‘Bootique’ features ghoulish costumes, toys for dogs
By Brittany Anas
If you think about it, dogs are pretty much the original trick or treaters. They’ll sit, roll over, give a high five and perform all kinds of tricks for a doggy treat.
If your pet will be eagerly greeting trick or treaters at the front door this Halloween or you’ve got Fido participating in a pet costume parade, we’ve found some gear that will have him ready for the holiday.
We shopped Petco for some great finds — and when you buy through ShopAtHome.com, you’ll get up to 8 percent Cash Back on your purchase. The pet supply store has a special Halloween Bootique, with ghoulish costumes, toys and collars.
- Zombie Rawhide: If you’re going to be making your pooch dress up, there better be a handsome reward. (He told us to tell you that). Let him tear into a zombie-shaped rawhide when he’s finished entertaining in his costume. ($6.99)
- Halloween tennis ball: Play a festive game of fetch. This tennis ball-rope toy combo comes in black and orange. ($7.99)
- Hot dog Halloween costume: Worn best by Dachshunds (the short-legged, long bodied dogs that look like hot dogs). Though there’s a hot dog for every dog, as this costume, and others at Petco, come in a wide range of sizes — from XX Small to 3X Large. ($19.99 to $24.99).
- Alligator Halloween costume: Does your dog bite? No, he snaps. This alligator costume is ideal for dogs who don’t mind being dressed up, and it comes with a lightly stuffed head and tail for shape and velcro fastenings and elastic leg straps. ($19.99 to $24.99)
- Turtle Halloween costume: The trick is making this turtle tail wag. ($19.99 to $24.99)
- Dinosaur Halloween costume: OK, there’s starting to be a trend here — either dress your dog up as food or another animal. But, really, a dog costumed as one of his buddies from the animal kingdom is pretty adorable. This pre-historic dinosaur costume makes us wonder how dinos and dogs would get along? ($19.99 to $24.99)
- Skull collar: If you’re thinking ‘There is no way I’m getting my dog in a costume,’ we hear ya.’ For a festive touch, switch out his collar for a spooky skull one. Just be sure to transfer over his dog tags. (On sale for $10.39 to $11.99)
Read more articles about Petco here.
Other articles you might also like: