Photobooths are all the rage at parties: Here’s where to find fun props
By Brittany Anas
They were a smash-hit at weddings this summer. They make for fun memories at birthday gatherings. We suspect we’ll see them lots at Halloween parties, too.
Photobooths! This New York Times article details the trend — which is fueled by our love of selfies, good ole’ fashion fun, technology and art. The idea? Mini photo studios reminiscent of the ones you’d hop into at the mall or amusement park that snap quick portraits — while you’re making funny faces. The party-ready photobooths are coming with professional photographers, and, sometimes, party packages include select props.
The photobooth trend has sparked an interesting party idea, though. Whether you’re hiring a professional photographer to take photobooth-like photos at your soiree or you’re just having friends over at a gathering — set up a “prop box” so people can make their photos a little bit more fun.
Now is the perfect time to buy because — well, d’uh — it’s Halloween and there are plenty of fun costume pieces and props. Tip: Arrange your prop box around a theme like the Wild, Wild West, superheroes or storybook characters.
Here are some “costume box” ideas for your next party. We shopped Kohl’s for the ideas — where you can earn 3.5 percent Cash Back on your purchases.
- Captain America shield. Everybody loves a good guy. We promise this prop will be the perfect touch of patriotism at your next Fourth of July party, too.
- Lace costume parasol. A prim and proper period piece that would look darling with some matching lace gloves.
- Sugar plum fairy wand. Use this wand to magically erase the 10 pounds the camera is notorious for adding.
- Tiara. For all the divas at the party.
- Cat in the hat headband. There’s a cat in the hat to be framed on a matte. He rose to fame and lives in a frame. Enough? OK.
- Alien hands set. Group pic! Try making bunny ears with these creepy alien hands.
- Antennae headband. Duck face poses? Just stop it. But, an antennae head. Now that’s something refreshing.
Read more articles about Kohl’s here.
Other articles you might also like: