Rawr! Cute Jurassic Park-inspired prints and jewelry
Ditsy dinosaur prints, T-Rex earrings and even gold polymer stegosaurus spine jewelry are all part of the dino fashion fad that’s playing out this spring. These pieces give an all new meaning to vintage, taking us way back to prehistoric times.
The playful trend coincides perfectly with the re-release of Jurassic Park, the 1993 sci-fi adventure film that brought dinosaurs back to life in our imaginations. With 3D technology in today’s movie theaters, you can now invite triceratops and velociraptors to get all up in your face — making the movie’s special effects even more impressive (and terrifying).
Fashion designers, though, are re-imagining dinosaurs as playful, fun creatures — you know the kind of animals you’d like to make pets and wear on your sundress.
Here are a few of our favorite dinosaur pieces that are in stores now:
- Dinosaur printed T-shirt: The whimsical dinosaurs on this gray T-shirt look like they were ripped from a storybook page. How fun would it be to juxtapose the relaxed T-shirt with a structured blazer and a pair of distressed jeans? (Asos, $23.28)
- Dinosaur earrings: The archaeological depiction of T-Rex on these gold earrings can add a fun edge to an everyday outfit. Rawr! (Topshop, $18).
- Graphic muscle tank: The digital print on this tank top is sci-fi chic. Toss the casual T-shirt over a bathing suit or underneath a checkered T-shirt for a relaxed look. (Forever 21, $12.80)
- Dinosaur pajama set: Night-night, sleep tight, don’t let the stegosaurus bite. This is totally the pajama top you’d want to pack for your next sleepover — if you still had slumber parties. The dinosaur print sleep top comes with gray shorts. (Topshop, $36)
- Safari hat: This hat is like safari meets Kentucky Derby. An oversized hat this summer is a great staple to take to the pool to shade your face from sun rays. (Piperlime, $125)
- Dinosaur dress: A bright sunny yellow dress with iddy-biddy dinosaur prints. A cut-out back plays peek-a-boo with your back. Wear know with a light cardigan and black tights. When it warms up, try wearing the dress alone with a pair of black Keds. (American Apparel, $41.25)
Other articles you might also like:
• Kate Middleton’s fave designer Issa London to debut Banana Republic line
• How to dress dapper dogs in bow ties, rain coats and other accessories
• Quick ways to give your home a spring update
• Lesley loves: NYC New York Color 16-hour lip stain
• Melissa McCarthy stumbles through SNL monologue, teaches us shoe lesson