A real-life fairytale: Planning and saving on a Disney wedding
By Aimee Heckel
You’ve found your prince. Now it’s time to begin “happily ever ever.” So why not say your wedding vows in the most magical place on earth?
A destination Disney wedding can transform your love story into a real-life fairytale. Disney offers four different locations for theme weddings. Here’s the breakdown of what you can get from each — and some tips for how to save money on the big day, too.
Choose from four different “collections,” or options. Based on which collection you choose, you can have a celebrity wedding planner, get married next to the Cinderella Castle, hold an intimate and private ceremony or even renew your vows with a small group of witnesses.
- Decrease the price of your package by inviting fewer guests.
- Get married on a Monday through Thursday to decrease your costs with the Wishes Collection.
- The Memories Collection is the least expensive package, with prices starting under $2,500.
- If you’re looking to save money, steer away from the Couture Collection, which starts at $65,000.
- While you’re in Disney World, use these coupons for free dining — maybe to save money on the rehearsal dinner?
You can choose from three of the above collections in California — except not the cheapest, the Memories Collection. Enlist the wedding specialist to help with the planning.
- Make sure you use the Disney Weddings planning website. It’s free and a great way to share information with your guests and plan everything.
- Use this Collection Comparison to compare your options to decide on the best one for your needs (and decide what you can forfeit to save money).
- Factor into your budget the fact that some collections offer discounted rooms and discounted theme park passes.
- Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings sometimes provide a travel incentive discount via email, if you plan a site visit in advance. It can be as much as 10 percent off, according to a helpful article by Couponing to Disney.
- Schedule your wedding in the off season.
- Ask for other discounts, such as AAA discounts, if you’re a member.
Get married on the beach, at the Aulani Disney resort or with a small group of witnesses. This option features unique offerings, such as a Starlight Hui Show, a hula show featuring Disney characters. While you’re there, treat yourself at the Laniwai Disney Spa — which includes an outdoor hydrotherapy garden and even a teen spa.
- A breakfast or brunch reception costs $25 less per guest than lunch and $50 less per guest than dinner.
- Getting married on the beach means you don’t have to spend a ton of money on decorations.
- The cost of the officiant is included in your package.
Get married on sea — and enjoy the performances, food, spa treatments, scenery and parties that the Disney Cruise Line is known for. Choose from a wide selection of destinations and ships.
- Check these special offers for discounts on Disney Cruises.
- Military personnel can get a discount on select tickets.
- Order the free cruise planning DVD.
Other articles you might also like: