Real ways to save cash on summer outdoor toys for your kids
By Aimee Heckel
Who are those moms who have 19 hours per day to clip coupons to save a few bucks? And while we’re asking, who are those moms who don’t need to save a few bucks?
We know you don’t always have time to clip, stash and save, but we also know you’re financially smart enough to demand a good deal. And, now, with summer weeks away, and, chances are, your kid has outgrown last year’s bike, the trampoline has a hole in it, the swimming pool blew away and the basketball is missing, it’s time to spruce up your backyard and restock your kiddo’s summer outdoor toys and goodies.
Toys ‘R’ Us has so many ridiculously good deals right now you don’t need to stray far from its website to save big. Here are some real ways to save cash on summer outdoor toys for your kids — and some of the best deals at Toys ‘R’ Us right now.
Start saving now
Free layaway: Put your favorite sale items on layaway for free, with no upfront fees, and take your time to pay for them. No credit cards needed — and you won’t miss the great deals when you see them.
- Save five bucks: Use the promo code “SAVEFIVE” to save $5 off hundreds of items.
- Get Cash Back: Simply go to ShopAtHome.com, search for Toys ‘R’ Us in the top search bar and click on one of the deals. It will redirect you to the Toys ‘R’ Us page and you can shop just like normal. Except with this simple redirect, ShopAtHome will send you 1 percent Cash Back.
- Free shipping: Many items offer free shipping to your home. And most items also have free returns.
- Save 15 percent: Open the “R” Us credit card and get 15 percent off many items.
Best summer deals
- Sizzlin’ Cool Python Water Blaster, $9.99, marked down from $14.99. With free in-store pick-up. This water toy shoots water up to 40 feet and can hold up to 45 ounces. In other words, watch out.
- 3-D swim goggles by Aqua Leisure, only $2.98, marked down from $4.99.
- Playtime Pals by Disney Cars sunscreen, SPF 50, $2.98, marked down from $10.99 (mega score!). Use this coupon to get buy one, get one 50 percent off for suncare and insect repellant.
- Avigo E-Zip electric scooter — Save $100 on this bad boy! This green scooter is marked down to $179. This scooter is eco-friendly and great for kids 12 and up. Free in-store pick-up and warranties available.