Recipe Of The Week: Gingerbread Pancakes
Ingredients:3 tablespoons dark brown sugar 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt 1 large egg 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 tablespoons unsulphured molasses 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla extract, molasses, and buttermilk.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients then pour the liquid mixture into the middle and gently start to whisk together until all is combined and no lumps remain.
- Heat a griddle or a skillet to medium heat and spray with cooking spray or add whatever fat you use to cook.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto heated griddle or skillet. Let cook until bubbles start to form at the top then flip.
- Repeat until all batter has been used up.