Recipe Of The Week: Potato Skins
Ingredients:6 small baking potatoes 2 tablespoons melted butter 2 teaspoons seasoned salt 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 4 strips cooked, crumbled bacon 3/4 cup Sour Cream 2 teaspoons snipped fresh chives
- Lightly grease outside of potatoes, cut small slit in top and bake at 425 degrees F for 45 minute or until soft. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out cooked potato, leaving a very thin layer of potato. (Save cooked potato for mashed potatoes or hash browns.)
- Brush outside and inside of skins with melted butter. Sprinkle inside with steak seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until crisp and bubbly.
- Fill with cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of chives.
- Variation: Twice Baked Potato Fingers Bake 3 large (about 5-inch) potatoes for 1 hour; cool. Cut in half lengthwise, and then lengthwise in half again, making 12 long fingers. Scoop out and proceed as above.