Recipe Of The Week: Roasted Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- 1.5 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can whole kernel corn rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion chopped
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Tajin seasoning optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel sweet potatoes. Slice into 1/2″ thick disk and cut each into 4 or 6 pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes. Season with salt, pepper and cumin. Toss gently to coat.
- Roast for 20 to 23 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine corn, black beans, chopped red onion, quinoa and potatoes.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and gently toss.
- Serve right away or cover with saran wrap and store in fridge for up to 4 days.