Satisfy that sweet and savory craving with these perfect Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies, recipe courtesy of The Food Network.
55 mins (includes cooling time)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 sticks butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup caramel bits or caramel candies, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F; position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and fine salt together in a bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and beat to combine. Add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and caramel bits.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches of space between the cookies (you will have cookie dough left over). Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake the cookies until golden brown, rotating the position of the baking sheets halfway through, 13 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool. Meanwhile, cool the baking sheets and repeat with the remaining cookie dough.
See full recipe here.