Ring in a magical New Year’s Eve in Disney World
By Aimee Heckel
It’s time to break up with 2013. For some of us, this is much awaited news.
If you’re looking for a way to start 2014 on a bright, beautiful and exciting note, there’s no more magical way to ring in New Year’s Eve than with Mickey Mouse and his crew.
Disney World and the Magic Kingdom hold arguably the best New Year’s parties in the world, and they’re great for people of all ages.
Here are three things worth experiencing on New Year’s:
1. The DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive theme park in Downtown Disney, where you can dance, eat, play classic video games and welcome 2014 from virtual reality and 3D encounters. This party spans five floors of Disney’s greatest games. This is great for people who want to get lost in another dimension — or people who just love to play.
2. Indulge in culture and tradition at Epcot, with a variety of different cultures’ celebrations, from China to Italy. At midnight, usher in 2014 with a message of peace and goodwill. Don’t forget the fireworks — they’re what Epcot is most famous for this time of year. This option is great for people looking to add a little significance to their celebration.
3. Visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios for dancing, a midnight fireworks display, rock and roll music, a DJ and more. Tip: Hollywood Studios opens at 8 a.m., and if you want to make the most of the experience, arrive early. This is great for people who just want a top-notch party.
If you’re planning on celebrating New Year’s at Disney World, the theme park recommends to:
- Come early to score parking.
- Plan on spending all day in one theme park. Once it’s full, the gates will close.
- Rent a locker to stash extra clothes and gear.
- Get a Fastpass as quickly as possible to reduce wait time.
In addition, save money on your Disney vacation with these travel coupons. Check out the great deals at Hotwire.com, and take advantage of the Hotwire coupons, paired with 3 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com.
Read more articles about Hotwire.com here.
Other articles you might also enjoy: