How to save hundreds on airfare, rental car and lodging on your next trip
So you’re planning your family’s big vacation for 2013. If you want to save money and travel smartly, you’d better get busy; the best way to save money on theme park passes is to find deals way in advance.
But it’s never too late to save money on your airfare, rental car and lodging. Looking for a simple, no-gimmicks way to save hundreds of dollars on your trip? Book through ShopAtHome.com.
The numbers speak for themselves: The average cost of a six-day stay, plus airfare and a rental car, for two adults and two children is $2,291.49. Book that exact same vacation through ShopAtHome.com for $1,576.38. That’s a total savings of $637.09.
In fact, ShopAtHome.com offered more than $149 million eligible for cash back from travel spending in 2012.
Vacation packages are the most popular purchases on the site (topping $105 million). Here are some of our favorite vacation packages available at killer rates right now.
- Save $500 off vacation packages when you book early, plus 7.5 percent cash back from ShopAtHome.com. (That’s one of the larger amounts of cash back that you can get for travel, so tally that into the cost of your travek packages.)
- One of our favorite vacation package deals through Expedia right now is an all-inclusive trip to Cabo: Flight and hotel for $2,004 for two people. Stay at the oceanfront Secrets Marquis Los Cabos resort. If you book the flight and lodging separately, this same vacation costs $2,524. As you can see, booking them together saves you $520 — plus up to another $150.30 cash back if you book it through ShopAtHome.com. Total savings on this dream beach vacation: $670.30. Plus, with the resort being all-inclusive, you don’t need to bring extra cash for food, drinks and entertainment.
- Many companies offer travel packages, but we’re loving Priceline.com right now for its exclusive coupon code: 5 percent off express deals, plus up to 6 percent cash back from ShopAtHome.com.
- OK, we’re also digging Priceline’s Puerto Rico vacation packages. These deals — we’re talking hotel plus flight — fall even below $1,000 per person. In fact (we can’t believe this is even possible, but it is), you can stay seven nights at the Coral By The Sea Hotel, flight included, starting at $510 per person. When you book vacation packages through Priceline, you can save up to $500 by simply booking hotel and flight together. Subtract 6 percent cash back from ShopAtHome.com, and you could potentially fly two people to Costa Rica with lodging for $958.80 total.
- If you’d rather have a resort (which, let’s be brutally honest, might be a more comfortable deal in Puerto Rico), Priceline.com offers a flight plus seven nights at the El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort starting at $913 per person.
You might also enjoy: