How to save money on the geekiest back-to-school (or work) lunchboxes
By Aimee Heckel
Food presentation matters. So does food preservation. A functional and fashionable lunch box can give you the best of both worlds.
OK, maybe not fashionable. But definitely geekable.
Here are some of our favorite geeky and functional lunch boxes for your kids’ new school year (or if you are so moved, for yourself) from ThinkGeek.com.
Don’t you know? Geek is the new chic. (That was a pretty geeky thing to say; you’re welcome.)
1. No one will ever steal your kids lunch again with this Human Organ Transplant lunch box, $19.99. Beyond being funny and kind of gross-awesome, this lunch box is insulated with a food-safe PEVA liner. (Note: Not fit to transport actual human organs.)
Want to save money? Save on your ThinkGeek lunch boxes by using these ThinkGeek coupons, paired with 3.5 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com.
2. You will want to play with your food with these Legos storage boxes. OK, these aren’t technically lunch boxes, in that they aren’t insulated, but they’re not not lunch boxes, either. Stick an ice pack in the bottom. Stick a sandwich on top. Seal with love. Stick a bag of carrots in another one. Stack on top of sandwich. Done. Starting at just $3.99.
3. Time-travel back to the ’60s with this retro Dr. Who-inspired lunch box, with matching thermos and a stack of coasters, $29.99. In case you have a large party of “Whovians” over for lunch around a polished wood table that you don’t want to tarnish? Hey, bring it on. You’ll be prepared. Zero things are nerdier.
Looking to complete your back-to-school journey to ultimate geekdom?
For older kids: Get yourself a Nintendo controller backpack, $49.99.
For younger kids: These Adventure Time plush Finn and Jake backpacks will give your kids a head start on nerding out, $24.99.
On a related note, if your kid has designated nap time at school, this exists.
This Star Wars Tauntaun sleeping bag, $149.99, has left us speechless. Complete with a plush lightsaber zipper pull.
Other articles you might also like:
- The 5 best educational mobile apps for college students
- Expert tips on what to wear for family photos
- Save money on healthy school lunches