Save money on Pinterest’s most popular vacation destinations
By Aimee Heckel
If you’re looking for inspiration, head to Pinterest. Here, you can find all kinds of vacation inspirations and tips. Here are some of the most popular vacation pins — and how to save money on them, too.
The very coral reef that makes Turks and Caicos such a stunning beach destination is also what makes it do expensive. There’s nowhere for big vessels. Plus, there is not much of a local crops market, which means food here is pricey.
How to save money:
- Opt for an all-inclusive resort that includes your meals, so you can budget your food costs.
- Check exclusive travel packages and discounts on CheapTickets.com. Sign up for email alerts and get the first shot at limited deals. Book a flight and hotel combo to save money.
- To avoid sticker shock with Taxi services, agree upon a rate before you get in the vehicle.
- Save money on your airfare, rental car, hotel and other costs with these travel coupons. Look for websites offering the most Cash Back, because that will add up on a big ticket expense like a vacation.
Lake Tahoe, on the California-Nevada border, is a great destination if you want access to water but are on a limited budget. You can find a wide variety of inexpensive hotels in the area, especially on the south side of the lake, and the lake is one of the nation’s most stunning.
How to save money:
- Opt for free entertainment, like hiking, instead of more expensive activities, like skiing.
- Travel here during the week, when crowds are thinner and prices may be lower.
- Look for hotel deals, such as save 33 percent off your third night at Squaw Valley Lodge.
- Check deals on Travelocity.com, which is offering 10 percent Cash Back right now. In addition, check Travelocity’s Gateway Day Sale, where you can find select hotels up to 50 percent off.
- Read more articles about saving money at Travelocity here.
- Find other discounts for Lake Tahoe here.
Other articles you might also enjoy: