Save money, time when you order fresh produce online
By Aimee Heckel
Increasingly more savvy parents are realizing they can avoid the lines and screaming kids at the grocery store — and save big bucks by ordering their groceries online. It’s easy, and typically includes free in-store pickup or free delivery to your front door.
You can order your groceries online from:
- Walmart.com: Free shipping on orders of $50 or more (when have you ever spent less than $50 at Walmart?) And get an automatic 3 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com for doing so.
- Walgreens.com: Free shipping on orders of $25 or less (great if you have a smaller order!), plus get 6 percent Cash Back — twice the amount as Walmart.
- Target.com: Free shipping on select items of $50 or more, plus get 4 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com.
There are plenty of ways to get money back from simply buying your groceries online — a reward for not having to drag your kids through the store.
But there’s one catch with many of these services: It doesn’t work with fresh produce, meats, cheeses — basically, the healthy food you want to feed your family.
We have found a solution for that problem!
Want to order your fresh produce online? Here are some options:
- Safeway.com: Order any food — fresh or otherwise — from Safeway.com and have it delivered within a one-hour window. (Unfortunately, this is not available in all locations.) Free shipping on orders of $49 or more, plus get $7.50 Cash Back with every purchase. Download the free mobile app to make your shopping even easier. Tip: Try it for free with the Promo Code: EASY7. After that, it costs about $10 on orders of $150 or more, and $12.95 on orders less. But make sure you check the “Online Savings” page; there, you can often find discounted delivery windows.
Save more money at Safeway using these other coupons. Read more articles about saving money at Safeway.com here.
- Amazon Fresh: If you live in Seattle, LA or San Francisco, you can order fresh goodies from Amazon to be delivered to your door.
- Amazon.com’s Grocery and Gourmet section also offers a limited selection of fresh produce, such as apples and avocados from The Neighborhood Corner Store. However, at $11.18 for a 3-pound bag of Gala apples, plus nearly $7 in shipping the price is far from cheap.
- The Fruit Guys deliver produce from local farms, as much as possible. Order organic fruit mixes to be delivered to your home, office or school, starting around $30.
Save money on other purchases for your babies and kids with these coupons.
Other articles you might also enjoy: