Say yes to the dress: Why now is the best time to shop for wedding wear
By Brittany Anas
Here come the brides (and the savings!)
With the calendar flipping over to June, we’re hearing the wedding bells ringing for the summer 2014 season. According to The Knot, a leading wedding publication, the most popular months for weddings are June and September. Whether you’re a bride who hasn’t yet committed to a dress, are shopping for a dress for next summer, are starring in a wedding as a bridesmaid or are just shopping for the perfect dress to make your rounds as a guest in the wedding circuit this summer, now is the perfect time to shop. It’s sale and clearance season for wedding attire (read: If you waited to the last-minute, you’re actually going to get rewarded with big savings!).
Here’s where you can find the best dresses (as well as some budget-friendly tips for wedding attire).
- Target’s relatively new wedding boutique Telovio has marked down this season’s already-low price wedding dresses, bridal gowns and flower girl dresses. Can you believe this soft satin cap sleeve dress (perfect for a garden wedding) is on sale for $69.99? Inspired by the nudes and champagne colors that graced the red carpet season, this Shantung V-Neck Ruffle Dress in a “bare canvas” color has boning and full lining, and feminine ruffles to accentuate the neckline and is on sale for $41.99. We suspect the leading ladies will want to wear this dress year-round. (Savings tip: Earn Cash Back and other exclusive deals at Target when you shop with ShopAtHome.com).
- David’s Bridal Semi-Annual sale begins June 6. More than 20,000 gowns will be marked down to $99 — which is up to 70 percent off! Some bridal trends that we’re spotting at David’s Bridal: Jeweled necklines with illusion beading and lots of lacy accents.
- Several gorgeous wedding dresses in the Ann Taylor wedding collection are listed at a “special price,” plus you’ll get an additional 40 percent off sale! We’re majorly crushing on this Rose Petal Spaghetti Strap Wedding Dress that is marked down from $750 to $405. Save even more with 3 percent Cash Back at Ann Taylor from ShopAtHome.com. You’ll also find bridesmaid dresses in trending colors like fuchsia and shades of blue at the wedding shop.
Other articles you might also like:
- Savings goal! How to throw a World Cup party on a budget
- Entertain your kids’ imagination this summer at Michael’s
- 4 easy, breezy summer trends to try (all under $50)