Shop to support breast cancer awareness
By Laurence MacNaughton
About 1 in 8 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer. In fact, breast cancer is the most common kind of cancer in women. But together, we can make a difference. That’s why ShopAtHome.com is proud to help promote National Breast Cancer Awareness month.
How to Show You Care
If you’re not sure what to expect, watch this short video.
And if you’re concerned about costs, don’t worry. There may be a free or low-cost mammogram program near you.
Find Stores Participating in Breast Cancer Awareness
Here are a few of our favorite merchant promotions that support breast cancer awareness:
• Lee National Denim Day benefits the American Cancer Society
Since 1996, Lee Jeans has helped raise more than $86 million for the fight against breast cancer. You can help by making a $5 donation or registering a team to wear jeans any day in October. The proceeds help the American Cancer Society support life-saving screenings, give hope and care to those traveling for treatment, and help fund groundbreaking cancer research.
• Purchase Macy’s Pink Shop items and proceeds will benefit Breast Cancer Awareness Month
• jcpenney is donating free haircuts to breast cancer survivors
• $7 Off Breast Cancer Awareness t-shirts at Cafe Press
• $5 Donation and Free Shipping on Be Legendary Lipstick from Smashbox
• Century Novelty will donate 5% of all Breast Cancer Awareness Sales
For more information
Want to learn more? Find out what you need to know about breast cancer from the National Cancer Institute.