How to spend less and have a crazy good Super Bowl party without going crazy
You’d love to have the gang over to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday. But how are you going to feed, entertain and take care of all of your closest friends without breaking the bank? It’s a snap if you know how to shop – which you clearly do, since you read ShopAtHome.com’s Online Shopping Report.
So here are our best 10 tips on holding a lively, festive Super Bowl bash:
1. Buy a restaurant.com voucher. Why today? Because today — and only today — you’ll get 30% cash back from ShopAtHome.com instead of the usual 20%
As soon as possible:
2. Figure out how many people you can entertain comfortably.
-If you’re good with spreadsheets, create a spreadsheet to keep track of your progress. If not, dedicate a spiral notebook to the project.
3. Create a guest list that includes friends who support both teams.
-The back-and-forth will keep things lively. (Note: You might want to pass if you live in Baltimore or San Francisco.)
4. Invite your guests.
-Since there’s no time for mailed invitations, if you can do it subtly, talk to co-workers you’d like to include or leave invitations on their desks.
-Phone, send e-vites and/or send e-mails.
-As soon as your guests confirm that they’ll be coming, ask if they have any dietary limitations or pet allergies that might affect them at your home. Record any problems on your spreadsheet.
-If guests ask if they can bring anything, suggest a main dish or dessert if they have dietary limitations. If they don’t, suggest beverages.
5. Once your guest list is confirmed, decide which restaurant you’d like to have provide food for the party and place your order, then pay for it in advance and confirm the pickup information.
6. Hire someone to help with serving and cleanup.
7. If your television isn’t optimal, buy a new one. This is a great time to buy electronics. That’s because retailers such as Best Buy, Overstock, Radio Shack, Target and Walmart are clearing out 2012 models to make way for the all that new stuff that was shown at the Consumer Electronics Show. The new models are all due to arrive on shelves some time early in March.
8. Arrange help to get the house cleaned up before and after the party, and to help with serving during the party.
At the last minute:
10. Take your pet to be boarded if necessary, clean up the house, put up the decorations and pick up the food.
Look at that! Now all you’ve got to do is enjoy the game.