Spring break in a suitcase: Clothes, accessories to pack for your vacation
By Brittany Anas
Beach or bust! We’ve got the fashion forecast for your Spring Break trip and a packing list that will surely get you excited for your vacation. The good news — these spring break essentials are appropriate whether you’re a twenty-something Spring Breaking with your college friends or if you’ve already celebrated the 20th anniversary of your 21st birthday and you’re vacationing with your family.
• Reading material: R L Stine’s new book “Red Rain” was written for those of us who grew up with his “Goosebumps” series. And, if you’re too young to remember that, well, let’s just say it was the popular series after the Nancy Drew books and before the Harry Potter-Twilight-Hunger Games series. (Click here for Amazon coupons from ShopAtHome.com).
• Bathing suits: Pack two. One for lounging in when you’re poolside and on the beach, and another more appropriate for water sports — whether it be surfing, para sailing or a competitive bout of Marco Polo. This two-piece mint suit has a flirty black bow and is sold in separates at JC Penney.
• Light-weight sweater or hooded sweatshirt: It’s tempting to just to pack all warm-weather clothes, but remember even beach towns can have bouts of rains or get breezy. We suggest packing at least one light-weight gauzy sweater or a zip-up hooded sweatshirt. A medium-weight cotton sweater in white from Old Navy would look perfect and relaxed over a bathing suit or sundress.
• Sunglasses: Round lenses and geometric shaped glasses are in style this year. We love the dramatic, elegant look of these Prada sunglasses — especially if you want to get in on the trend, but have a timeless pair of glasses that you can wear next season. We picture you wearing these and sipping on a cosmo, darling. (Click here for cash-back offers from Macy’s).
• Something versatile: Loose fitting tunics can play a laid-back role during the day with sandals and atop a bathing suit and be more dressy at night when worn with heels and a top bun. The “dream daily parlour necklace” tunic from Nordstrom mixes bright florals with a mod polka dot design on a soft pastel palette.
Other articles you might also like:
• What to wear to look 10 pounds thinner
• Nautical and nice: 7 ways to get in on the spring trend for cheap
• Rock it or Mock it: Ice cream prints, velvet swimsuit and ‘hamburglar stripes’
• 3 Grammys stars we suspect broke the no-cleavage rule
• Rules for shopping the clearance racks and where to find this month’s best sales
• PETA scolds Beyonce for wearing iguana, python leather at Super Bowl
• New York Fashion Week Designer Prabal Gurung to launch Target line