Spring staples: 5 wardrobe essentials (for cheap)
By Brittany Anas
A good purge of your closet and dresser drawers is a task that most definitely should be on your spring cleaning list. De-cluttering will instantly make your spaces feel more fresh (as well as make room for some new pieces). If weather forecasts in your area are calling for balmy spring days, it’s time to tuck away most of your heavy winter knits and thicker apparel and refresh your wardrobe with some breezy spring staples.
Here’s our list for spring must-haves:
- New bras: Did you know that you can look 10 pounds thinner simply by wearing a new bra? Toss out any bras that have lost their elasticity. We’re loving the Fabulous collection from Victoria’s Secret because the bras in the collection give full coverage, are comfy and super flattering. Shop online and you can get the push-up bra in extended sizes — ranging from 30A to 40DDD.
- New underwear: Make room for new cotton panties. They are on major sale at Victoria’s Secret right now, available 7 for $26. Get different cuts — thongs, hiphuggers, lace cheeksters and boyshorts. The bright colors and prints are perfect for spring.
- Statement sunglasses: We’re talking a cheap, trendy pair that can give any outfit a little more personality. Play with this spring’s trends by wearing some round frames or some leopard cat-eyes (is that redundant?). Both are $5.80 from Forever 21.
- Something nautical: We’re all aboard with this trend. Want to know why? Because every single year it comes back into style. Classic pieces like this “lines around the block” navy striped T-shirt from ModCloth give off a preppy, but relaxed vibe. When shopping the nautical trend, look for classic red or navy pieces and crisp stripes.
- Floppy hat: Trade out your warm beanie hats for a loose, carefree hat that is ideal for the beach, a picnic or to make you look famous. We found a wide brimmed hat with a sweet crochet accent that is just $12.50 at Wet Seal.
Other articles you might also like:
• Sunday style: Where to score the best Easter dresses
• Neon ’80s roaring back into style this spring, summer
• Fall fashion preview: The good, the bad, the ugly (and the bizarre)
• Shop Gwyneth Paltrow’s closet! (But you better be rich — and skinny)
• Survey reveals which stores Americans love best + exclusive deals