Spring’s freshest perfumes & interesting tips for wearing fragrances
By Brittany Anas
Our favorite spring-time perfumes are just like the season itself: Fresh, crisp and clean, and floral scented.
Here are some fragrance secrets we’ll let you in on to make your perfume last.
• In the movies or commercials, we often see women rub their wrists together. In real life, that crushes the scent — so avoid doing that. Instead, use your index finger to massage the perfume into your skin.
• Spray your perfume before you put on your clothes because otherwise you risk staining your shirt with oils from your fragrances. Or, mist it on the underside of a scarf.
• Try spritzing perfume in your hair after it’s been freshly washed and dried and when you don’t have any other products in it. Or, try spraying some at your ankles. Either way, you’ll have a subtle scent when you walk into a room.
• To make your perfume last longer, try applying a light layer of Vaseline and then spray on top of it. The perfume will cling to you longer.
Here are four of our favorite, quintessential spring perfumes:
Other articles you might also like:
• Nautical and nice: 7 ways to get in on the spring trend for cheap
• Rock it or Mock it: Ice cream prints, velvet swimsuit and ‘hamburglar stripes’
• 3 Grammys stars we suspect broke the no-cleavage rule
• Last-minute gifts that have us head over heels in love
• Rules for shopping the clearance racks and where to find this month’s best sales
• PETA scolds Beyonce for wearing iguana, python leather at Super Bowl
• New York Fashion Week Designer Prabal Gurung to launch Target line