Spring’s hot new bikini trend
By Brittany Anas
There’s a new bikini coming into style this spring and it’s reminiscent of the bra-burning, flower child-era.
Meet the fringe bikini. She’s adorned with a plunging neckline and draped tassles along the front that extend down near the naval. Sure, summer is far away, but perhaps you have a cruise or beach vacation to look forward to in the coming months.
Like the idea? Here’s where you can find the bohemian-inspired bathing suit that has fringe benefits.
Nordstrom: The Bikini Lab makes an ombre-shaded bikini that comes in both amethyst and coral tones. The top is $30.
This gold rush Luli Lama Fringed top makes us want to hula. It’s got some added underwire for support. The top is $107.
Here are three tips for getting ready for bikini season:
• Self Tanner: Steer clear of the tanning beds so you don’t end up looking like Snooki. Instead, give your winter complexion some golden accents with L’oreal self-tanning mist from CVS.
• Check out the Les Mills combat workout: Melt away 1,000 calories in an hour with the new BeachBody workout. Click here for BeachBody coupons and promos from ShopAtHome.com.
• Get swimming: Put on a more athletic suit and swim some laps in your gym’s or recreation center’s pool. If you can swim various strokes — freestyle, breast stroke, backstroke and butterfly — you’re working out darn near every muscle in your body, getting you in prime shape for bathing suit season.
Other articles you might also like:
• Lose inches, earn cash back with the Les Mills combat workout
• How to create an organized, stylish entryway
• What to wear on a first date
•The best and worst dressed at the 2013 Golden Globes
• Coffee shop style ideas
• Winter’s most flattering jackets
• Bras for $14.99 at Victoria’s Secret