Steal Jennifer Hudson’s houndstooth look from the 2013 VMA’s
Sunday night’s Video Music Awards taught us a few things:
1. Hannah Montana is all grown up.
2. Lady GaGa is still weird.
3. And … drumroll, please, Jennifer Hudson looked darling.
The VMA’s are a parade of fashion that, to most of us, seems like costumes. Miley Cyrus’s bizarre Chuck E. Cheese-like unitard? Daft Punk’s helmets? And how about Rita Ora’s Alexandre Vautheir’s bodice dress with the feathery, pastel train that had to be at least 7 feet long?
That’s why Jennifer Hudson and her houndstooth top and leather pencil skirt was so refreshing. When we saw it on the singer-Weight Watchers spokesperson, we were like ‘Now that’s a look we can imitate.’ (See Hudson’s red carpet houndstooth sleeveless top and leather midi skirt look here)
Houndstooth — you know, black and white broken checks — has been around for forever. But, it’s making a major resurgence this fall as the runways show us that more classic prints are coming back into style.
- Sleeveless sheered houndstooth top, on sale for $32.99. A youthful take on the classic trend, this sleeveless top has larger checkered prints and hits at the hips. Pair it with skinny black jeans for a weekend look and pop it under a blazer for a perfect workday look.
- Houndstooth dress, $58. We can guarantee this dress will be a closet staple for years to come because of its classic pattern and cut. The cap-sleeved dress is a great dress for work with colorblocked panels that nip in the waist.
- Michael Kors faux leather skirt, $84.50. With fall right around the corner, we’re coveting leather skirts. Hudson showed off her curves in a figure-flattering pencil skirt that stretched down near her knee. We found a Michael Kors pencil skirt with faux leather panels that also has the ‘wow’ factor.
Find more articles about Macy’s here.
Other articles you might also like: