Survey reveals which stores Americans love best, plus exclusive deals
By Brittany Anas
What does it take to be crowned “most popular” by shoppers? A good mix of friendly return policies, comfy dressing rooms, availability of high-end designers and some good, ol’ fashioned customer service, according to a new survey.
Colorado-based Market Force surveyed more than 4,000 consumers to uncover which fashion retail chains they fancy the most.
Here are the stores Americans love best:
1. Nordstrom. The department store first opened in 1901, as a Seattle shoe store. Throughout the decades, the company has consistently stated that its guiding principle is to “offer the best customer service possible.” Shoppers notice. The survey results show that shoppers ranked Nordstrom the highest for customer service.
Shoppers also are pleased by the availability of designer labels they can score at Nordstrom, a store that stocks clothes and accessories from leading designers such as Alexander Wang, Jason Wu, Robert Rodriguez and Dolce and Gabanna.
Are you a deal hunter who stalks your pretty prey in sales racks? Did you know Nordstrom Rack purchases merchandise from the same brands that are carried in the full-line store? Nordstrom has solid, long-standing relationships with lots of those brands and you can find overstock, end-of-season and close-out merchandise for up to 70 percent off at the Rack. Nordstrom Rack has 119 stores in 28 states.
Also, the Nordstrom Fashion Rewards program helps you accumulate points so you can save on your purchases and qualify for free alterations.
2. Kohl’s. Surveyed shoppers ranked “rewards programs” and return policies at Kohl’s high on their list. Shoppers also liked Kohl’s best for sub-categories including “casual wear” and “kid’s clothes.”
We like the Kohl’s website because it’s a one-stop-shop where we can find an Easter dress for ourselves, gym shoes for our kids, gifts for a baby shower and a new duvet cover.
If you’re looking for fresh florals or sweet polka dot pieces to mix into your wardrobe this spring, check out the LC Lauren Conrad line at Kohl’s.
5. JCPenney. A consistent perk at JCPenney is the store’s free-shipping promise when you spend $75 or more.
Photo courtesy of Nordstrom.
Other articles you might also like:
• Sneak peek: Celeb stylist Kate Young designing ‘red carpet’ line for Target
• No spring break plans? At least your clothes can offer a change of scenery
• Hangover 3 coming to theaters + a packing list for a wild Vegas trip
• Easy, 5-step guide for picking out gorgeous bridesmaid dresses
• What went wrong in girl’s viral hair-burning video