The hottest Halloween costume ideas for 2014
If you want to look great and save money on your Halloween costume this year, don’t wait until the last minute, when the best costumes are sold out and expedited shipping will cost you a severed arm and a spider leg.
This is your official countdown: Halloween is in one month. Create your plan and place your orders now, and follow our tips to keep your wallet from getting spooked.
The top costume ideas for kids:
- Frozen, Frozen, Frozen. Party City says kids still aren’t sick of the Disney movie. They’ll all over Elsa and Anna and that darn snowman. Girls are also loving Monster High, the Little Mermaid and other Disney princesses and Tinkerbell.
- Some new emerging trends this year: Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie (the My Little Ponies), Lalaloopsey and Maleficent.
- For boys, it’s all about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers (flashback, Mom?). Other popular ideas for 2014 include characters from Guardians of the Galaxy, Madagascar, Planet of the Apes and, of course, the classics: superheroes, Star Wars and Toy Story.
Top costumes ideas for adults:
- Ladies: Try on a Day of the Dead Sugar Skull costume for a beautiful yet dark costume this year.
- Couples: Put a spin on your “Looking Glass” costume and go as Harlequin Alice and the Mad Hatter. Dr. Who and the Nightmare Before Christmas themes are also fun ideas for couples.
Save money on costumes from Party City with these coupons.
Other great places to save money on costumes:
- Costume Supercentre: Get 15 percent off costumes plus 10 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com.
- Wholesale Costume Club: Browse 23 different coupons, plus get 10 percent Cash Back and one ShopGold Reward point to put into a gift card.
- Spirit Halloween: Get 8 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com and one ShopGold Reward. Check out 29 different coupons.