This fall’s ‘it’ color? Bright red! Shop these looks for under $70
So often the world of fashion introduces us to colors we never knew existed. Cordovan is a rich burgundy with a dark rosy hue. Cinerous is described best as an ashy gray. Deep Space Sparkle, well, that’s just a made-up color for a Crayola crayon — but you get the point. So, weren’t we surprised when red emerged as the “it” color this fall. That’s right: Red. Just the plain, simple primary color. Red is dominating accessories, apparel and, well, maintaining its popularity in beauty basics like lipsticks. It’s even beating out the usual fall faves (think: jewel tones and subdued autumnal maroons).
Here are five ways to sport red this fall (all under $70):
- Chooka ‘Top Solid’ Rain Boot, $69.95 from Nordstrom. Rain, rain come our way? These fire-engine red boots will brighten up any gray, rainy days. The adjustable leather straps add a touch of sophistication to the rain boots. (You can totally still hop in puddles, though).
- Saucy red elbow-sleeve jersey dress, $29.94 from Old Navy. We love a good basic that can be mixed and matched throughout the season. (And, we’re guessing this true red dress will be in heavy rotation during the holidays, too). Dress it up with tights and boots for the work week and play it down with a denim jacket and printed scarf for the weekend. The style editors at Refinery 29 included this dress in its recent “picks” for Old Navy.
- Converse All Start Sneakers, $44.99 from Kohl’s. Kick it old-school with these unisex red Keds. These fun sneaks add personality to any jeans and T-shirts outfit. Or, take a page from country cutie Taylor Swift’s style book and try them with a sundress on those balmy autumn days.
- Crossback beaded cami, $19.80 from Forever 21. A good uniform for fall: Sleeveless shirt layered with a loose open cardigan, denim and boots. (This is also a great way to get the most out of your summer tanks). Try this beaded tank that plays on another fall trend — southwestern-inspired trends — and comes in red with silver beading.
- Merona Large Satchel Handbag, $27.98 from Target. Pop in this red satchel to any neutral outfit for an instant splash of color and style. You can carry it like a purse, but it also comes with adjustable shoulder strap.