No time to cook? Easiest slow-cooker BBQ recipe ever
By Laurence MacNaughton
Everyone loves the taste of juicy, bone-in ribs dripping with tangy barbecue sauce. But who has time to make them for dinner? You do, if you have a slow cooker and sixty seconds to spare.
Yes, one minute. No kidding. Here’s the recipe.
1) In the morning, put your ribs of choice (beef or pork) in the slow cooker.
2) Pour an entire 18 oz. bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce on top, covering the ribs as much as possible.
3) Cover. Set your slow-cooker to Low. Let it cook all day, until the meat is fall-off-the-bones tender. Then enjoy.
Could that get any easier? Didn’t think so.
Just get the ribs going after breakfast and forget all about them for the rest of the day. By the time dinner rolls around, the kitchen will be bursting with the mouth-watering aroma of hot, saucy barbecue. And you, barely lifting a finger, will serve up the easiest meal of the week.
Bonus Tip: Different meat, different sauce
This easy barbecue recipe also works with chicken, pork roast, or practically any other kind of meat. Boneless cuts will cook faster, so start them later in the day.
And you can also change up the sauce. Try honey mustard, sweet and sour, cilantro lime, green chili, or whatever else tantalizes your taste buds.
Experiment with different combinations of meat and sauce, and you can make this slow-cooker dish every week without ever repeating yourself.
Veggies (or fries) on the side
For sides, just mix and match:
• prepackaged cole slaw from the deli
• simple salad: a bag of mixed greens and some dressing
• steamed or boiled vegetables
• baked potatoes
• baked fries
Save with new grocery coupons
Because we love to save money just as much as we love to save time, here are some brand new grocery coupons. Just click and print!
• $1.00 off 2 Cains Naturally Delicious BBQ sauce, salad dressing or mayonnaise
• 25¢ off any 18 oz flavor Mumbo BBQ Sauce
• Save on Cattlemen’s BBQ Sauce with printable coupon (after registration)
• $1.00 Off any Bagged Salad with Purchase of Fresh Gourmet Tuna Bites or Salmon Bites
Want to save even more?
Click here for more grocery coupons from ShopAtHome.com
You might also like:
• Free Coffee: 4 Freebies to Perk You Up
• How to Get Whites Whiter (and Save $9 with Laundry Detergent Coupons!)
• Save Money by the Bagful with ShopAtHome.com Printable Grocery Coupons
• Best Grocery Store Freebies: Chips Ahoy, Coke and More
• Protect Your Computer: 3 Incredible Deals
• Best Breakfast Coupons: $20 Off Cereal, Milk and Juice