Top 10 New Year’s resolutions
by Melissa Brodsky
A new year means so much to so many people. It’s like Spring, only not as warm. A new year holds endless possibilities, new chances and potential opportunities to grab onto.
With every new year, many people make resolutions. Promises made to themselves and their loved ones. The change of the year will bring changes throughout the year.
The top 10 most common resolutions made every year are:
- Lead a healthier lifestyle. Eat less, exercise more. At the beginning of every year, diet centers and exercise facilities see an increase of memberships. For healthy weight loss tips, please read our weight loss article.
- Learn something new. A new language or perhaps pick up an instrument. Rosetta Stone is a highly rated language learning program. Buy a guitar and take lessons at Guitar Center!
- Live a less stressful life. Usually that means creating a better balance between work and life. Remember to breathe. Get a half hour massage, take a yoga class…anything healthy that will help you to de-stress.
- Save money. With ShopAtHome.com, you get discounts at all of your favorite stores, discover new stores and get cash back while shopping. Also, read here for some money saving tips that really aren’t just for kids, they can be applied to adults, as well.
- Get organized. You can use your smartphone to help organize your life. With the help of some apps, organizing has never been easier.
- Read more. Barnes and Noble is a great place to pick up a book or even a Nook reader to get you started on your goal to reading.
- Finish those to-do lists that are filling up notebooks left around the house. We all have those never ending lists of things to do. Now is the time to start checking them off! Take it slow, make a goal of one or two items per day, whatever time you can allow, and get ‘er done!
- Complete or get that college degree. It’s an obtainable goal, especially with there being so many colleges and universities that offer online courses. A whole list of online colleges can be found here at All Online Schools.
- Quit smoking! It’s a hard habit to break but you can do it. Just follow some of our quitting smoking tips.
- Travel. So many of us have a goal to travel more, see places and things we’ve only dreamed about. Luckily, sites like Travelocity and Expedia have thousands of affordable vacation options. So, whether it’s for a weekend at a bed and breakfast or a month in Europe, be sure to price shop to get the best deal on your dream vacation.
Whether or not you create resolutions for yourself, have a happy, healthy New Year!
Other articles you might also like:
• Let yoga festivals and wellness vacations enhance your New Year’s resolutions
• New Year’s resolutions: getting fit
• How to teach kids to save money
• Secrets to being stylish on a budget
• Healthy habits for the New Year
• Five easy steps for organizing your closet