Top items to buy (and not buy) in March
Over the course of the year, not many shoppers think of March as being a popular time to score a hot deal. It makes sense, especially considering that Presidents’ Day sales are over and many spring deals are yet to really kick in. That’s why it’s important to know which items you should snatch up now and which ones you should hold off purchasing.
What to avoid:
- Intimates – As mentioned in DealNews, there are very few lingerie deals of note following Valentine’s Day. Wait a few months and you will be rewarded with markdowns from Frederick’s of Hollywood, Aerie, Soma, Bare Necessities, and of course, the summertime Semi-Annual Sale at Victoria’s Secret.
- Spring apparel – Many of us are anxiously waiting spring and warmer weather, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the right time to update your wardrobe. It’s no surprise that new clothing is typically highest in price at the beginning of a season, as pointed out by Courtney Jespersen of NerdWallet.
- Electronics, furniture and appliances – A handful of folks have already received their tax return and are looking to buy a new refrigerator, mattress or big screen. Unfortunately, that check from Uncle Sam may go to better use on something else. The best time to purchase these household items include Memorial Day, Labor Day and Presidents’ Day.
- Spring break travel – The beach may be calling in March, but do you want to overspend on a spring break trip? According to the Huffington Post, the ideal time frame to book your vacation is between about four months to three weeks before your trip.
What to buy:
- St. Patrick’s Day essentials – You don’t have to be Irish to enjoy the fun and savings of St. Patrick’s Day. Be on the lookout for reduced prices at your favorite stores on the 17th!
- Chocolate and candy – Ah, yes, there’s nothing better than loading up on your favorite chocolate following a major holiday. Enjoy up to 50% off this overstock candy while supplies last.
- Golf clubs – Whether it’s just a new driver or an entire set, now is the time to buy new golf clubs. You’ll beat the spike in prices that comes in the summer, as well as benefit from incredible deals on 2015 models.
- Summer travel — While the time for deals may have passed for spring travel, now is the perfect time to start booking summer travel. Book early to get the best rates on hotels and air fare.
- Jewelry — With Valentine’s Day past and Mother’s Day still months away, jewelry stores are eager to make a sale. March is the perfect time to score a deal on a lovely new piece of bling. Bonus Tip: Don’t be afraid to negotiate prices at jewelry stores, your sale is valuable during this slow season.
Be sure to check out ShopAtHome.com for all your shopping in March! Throughout the month, you’ll enjoy extra Cash Back on home improvement items, travel, spring fashion, Easter items and more.