Top items to buy (and not buy) in April
As the calendar turns to April, you’re looking forward to spring sales galore. But it’s also the ideal time to take advantage of winter clearance events, summer travel deals and more. Check out which items should be at the top of your list to buy in April and what you should pump the brakes on.
What to buy:
- Winter clearance items – Retailers want all their winter gear off the shelves as soon as possible, meaning you can get huge savings on all the cold-weather clothing you thought you missed out on. Start off with this sleek, yet cozy belted jacket from JCPenney, now 70% off!
- Summer travel – Prep for the vacation you and your family deserve with help from ShopAtHome.com! Our travel hub will guide you to the best flights, restaurants, vacation packages and more. If you’re planning on booking a trip for May through August, now is the time to find the lowest fares.
- Brand-name TVs – DealNews points out that April marks the prime time for purchasing a new TV. We’re not just talking about a small screen for your kitchen or office, but rather a 55″ for the living room or basement. For less than $450, you can get an eye-opening 1080p set. Remember to be on the lookout for 2015 models, as they’ll be deeply discounted in major stores.
- Mother’s Day gifts – Avoid the hectic, last-minute shopping this year and get mom something she’ll love without breaking the bank. Whether it’s jewelry, her favorite fragrance or a personalized photo gift, you’ll find great deals during the ShopAtHome.com Mother’s Day event.
What to avoid:
- Mattresses, tools and major appliances – You may have been putting money aside for these items recently, but April isn’t actually the best time to purchase them. If you can, hold off until Memorial Day and you will be rewarded with significant discounts.
Be sure to check out ShopAtHome.com for all your shopping in April! Throughout the month, you’ll enjoy extra Cash Back on Mother’s Day gifts, travel, warm weather fashion and more!